Eggstra Socks

In progress Eggstra Socks

The photo shows my progress as of Friday, November 5, at the end of the time I had to knit over my lunch hour. Over the weekend I added 35 rows to the foot, and as of Sunday night I had maybe an inch to go before I could start the toe. And then I thought I’d try it on as best I could while on the circular needle to confirm whether it would fit me or my mom’s cousin’s friend better, and I discovered a stitch that was dropped before I started the foot rounds. Ugh.

When I started on the foot, I knew a stitch had gotten lost somewhere, but I assumed it happened in the increasing or decreasing around the heel, and I just added a stitch back in. Whoops. Now, there’s probably a very nice to fix this without ripping back to it, but I wasn’t completely happy about a couple of other things, and this was just one thing too many to ignore. So yesterday I ripped back to the heel, rescued my dropped stitch, and reknit the gusset.

But for now, this sock must be put aside so I can start a new pair, for alas, this sock fits me pretty well, but the pair I need done by the end of the month needs to be smaller. Last night I cast on a new sock with smaller needles.

Note: I think I’ve failed NaBloPoMo. But I’m going to try to keep posting when I can; it’s a vast improvement over what I’ve done since last November regardless.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s